Powered By Blogger

Link Back To Me By Using This Logo On Your Blog Or Website

Link Back To Me By Using This Logo On Your Blog Or Website

ESPN Ohio State Widget

This Week's Schedule of Games

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Playboy's Girls of the Big Ten: Not The Best Ohio State Has To Offer


You may have heard that Playboy's "Girls of the Big Ten" issue recently hit news stands.

No, I don't own the issue as I have a conscience and intergrity. Still, I have seen (clothed) pictures of the girls they have selected to represent Ohio State in the issue and I'm convinced they could have done better.

I'm not alone in my stance apparently, and the reactions to this have been pretty diverse.

Having received a degree from Ohio State, I've spent some time on the campus. Thus, I can tell you that Playboy is a little off base this time.

I'm not going to lie--I have high standards. I tend to hold Ohio State women to an even higher standard because they are, for all intents and purposes, the best in the land (otherwise, they'd have gone to some silly school in Ann Arbor where class is a rarity both on and off campus). These girls in Playboy don't accurately represent "Betty Buckeye".

In fact, they tarnish Ohio State's image moreso than anything else.

The main point here is that Playboy doesn't accurately represent most women, and women out there shouldn't feel too bad if they don't grace the magazine's pages. After all, if they're settling for mediocrity nowadays then you're clearly out of their league.

Mediocrity is about as interesting as a USG Senate meeting anyhow. I suppose if you want to waste your money on this issue, then by all means do it. I'll (sadly) be agreeing with the SEC girl on the cover of the issue.

Credit for Article Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fornal/450161339/

No comments:

Drive! Drive! On Down The Field

Tracking the 2008 Ohio State Buckeyes Football Season